Having an overactive bladder is something that many people suffer from, but they do not openly talk about. It is embarrassing to admit that you suffer from an overactive bladder. Frequent bathroom stops can have a negative impact on your life, especially when you constantly have to interrupt what you are doing to use the restroom.
There are certain things that you can do if you are suffering from an overactive bladder. These things include:
- Find a balance in your fluid intake. If you can space out your fluid intake then you may reduce the amount of times that you need to use the restroom.
- Decrease the amount of alcohol and caffeine in your diet. If you are suffering from an overactive bladder then alcohol and caffeine can worsen the symptoms of an overactive bladder. Things that contain caffeine are soda, tea, chocolate, as well as certain medications.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners can aggravate urinary urges and frequency.
- Exercise your pelvic muscles. Doing Kegel exercises can help to prevent frequent urination.
- Lose weight. If you are overweight there can be an increase of pressure on your pelvic muscles which will increase your need to urinate.
- Put yourself on a schedule. Having a schedule may help you to avoid rushing to the restroom when you have the urge to use the restroom.
- Keep track of your systems. This will help you to try and figure out if anything is going to be triggering your urges to use the restroom. The schedule can also help your doctor in determining the best course of treatment.
When you are suffering from an overactive bladder, you should know that you are not alone. Many people suffer from this condition. Newman Urology—your Las Vegas Urology company—has the experience in working with the condition of an overactive bladder. Contact them today so that you can get the help you need.