If you or someone you know is suffering from an overactive bladder then you know that this condition can be overwhelming. Here are some facts about overactive bladder that you may not have known.
- It is normal to pass water up to eight times a day and once or twice a night
- The Detrusor muscle is the name of the muscle in the bladder wall
- Overactive bladder is when the bladder muscle contracts suddenly without you having control
- There is often no cause for the condition
- About 1 in 12 people may suffer from an overactive bladder
- Overactive bladder can affect both men and women
- If you have an overactive bladder you may fin that you have more urgency to use the restroom, more times you go to the restroom, you are constantly going to the restroom at night, or leaking before making to the restroom
- Overactive bladder can be caused by spasms in the bladder
Issues with the bladder are relatively common. If you find that you are suffering from symptoms of an overactive bladder, then there are things that you can do. There may be medications that you can take as well as exercises that can be done to strengthen your bladder.
Overactive bladder can really take away from your quality of life. There is a lot that you have to deal with on a daily basis, but worrying about your bladder should not be one of them. When it comes to your bladder, do what you can to take action now. The doctor’s and staff at Newman Urology, can help to provide you with the advice and treatment that you may need. Call Newman Urology—you Las Vegas urologist—today.